Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Poster Research

While doing poster research for our third project, I came across a ton of great poster designs. Not all of these are for musicians or bands; some are for movies or TV shows too. I'm going for an almost minimalist approach, with a simple color palette and basic shapes, patterns and silhouettes to make up my poster, so finding these was a great help and inspired me to make my own posters. I love how simple, yet clever and effective they are. Hope you enjoy them!

Clever, simple imagery can make a poster very effective


I really liked the basic shapes and silhouettes


Love this color palette/scheme


I liked the simple hint at a holiday theme without being obvious about it, which may be something I'm going for in my poster designs.


Love the negative space!


Very clever and amusing. Definitely something I'd like to achieve in my poster series.



Basic shapes illustrate the power and legacy of Lady Gaga as a pop culture icon as well as a musical artist




Love this pictogram!


I liked the typography and how the type locks up so well here.


Basic shapes and a limited color scheme tell a story.



An interactive poster series in the physical world. The viewer is invited to shake the poster and make noise with it; crinkled paper for the fire icon poster and aluminum foil for the thunder icon poster. I thought this was really neat and a really cool, different way to draw attention to your poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment